I was going through old blog entries and found an interview meme I can find no evidence of having actually answered. There are probably a bunch of those, actually, but having come across this one I thought I’d go ahead and answer it. About five years after the fact, but hey.
skeagsidhe/skeagsidhe asked, in, er, 2006:
1. If you could write 1 thing, any style, any genre and it would be 100% guaranteed to be published, what would it be?
RIGHT ANGLES TO FAIRYLAND, my middle-grade/YA fantasy novel, but you knew that, so for a different answer: the climate change trilogy (the series title of which I still wish to be “The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight”, but nobody would call it that, I bet) would be very high up on the list.
2. You recently moved from the US to Ireland. What has surprised you about the difference between the two countries?
Well, it’s sure as hell no longer recent, but really, separated by a common language, and six years on I still haven’t gotten used to shops not being open at 8am. Still aggravates me. :)
3. We all know that you are generally a supremely confident person. Are there any areas of life where this confidence breaks down?
…probably annoyingly, no. I mean, I’m not good at math, but by God I’m confident about not being able to do it. And really, if I really, *really* needed to, I’m pretty confident I could figure out enough math to solve whatever needed solving. This is much of what it comes down to with me: I believe that in a pinch I would step up, and have a decent chance of success.
4. You get to be grand dictator of 1 aspect (and only 1) of the world for a year. What aspect of the world would you choose? What would you change?
I would *totally* be Grand Dictator of Obliterating Corporate Influence. I realize this would take more than a year to really accomplish, but if we’re living in a world where I get to be grand dictator of something, perhaps we’re also living in a world where I could make enough of a difference in 12 months to change the way things are.
5. If you could travel to absolutely anywhere, where would you go, what would you do there, and why?
The moon. And I would probably just stand there and look at the Earth and cry, because I have turned into a terrible sentimental slob and I’m okay with that. :)
And since I resurrected the meme, I might as well do it right:
1. If you’d like, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (I only promise to do the first 5.)
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or, you know, not so creepy/personal. Whatever.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. If you so wish, nclude this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you ask them five questions.