I am utterly, but pleasantly, knackered.
The weekend, during which I didn’t post at *all*, which is very strange indeed, was very nice. Saturday we watched Doctor Who (Donna is fast becoming my favorite companion, even though I really did love Rose), caught up on Smallville (which, man. I know there’s a lot of popular opinion that it’s jumped the shark, but because I love the Lex storyline so much I’m willing to give them an awful lot of rope to hang themselves with. And the Lex story has, really, afaic, completed with this last episode, and the Clark story…has got Shark Jumping written all over it. *So* dubious.) and on BSG (which, *augh*), and watched a romcom on Friday night, and … faffed around Sunday night. :)
I read three books, though I’d intended on reading more and got distracted by…well, Sunday was weirdly busy, with walking and kitchen-cleaning and baking and a bit of sneak-attack writing born from having the first bit of the SubPress short story fall into my head, and so I ended up not reading a book despite my best intentions.
I have walked very nearly six miles every day for the last four days. Lisa, a while ago, said, “Kit lives in a strange magical world where ’six miles’ are not the same as they are in my world. I walk six miles once a year. Around an industrial park. For charity.”
Today, for some ungodly reason (like, having gone to bed at 10:15 last night, probably), I woke up at 6:15, and *got up*. Wrote a bit. Went forth and helped capture a kitten. Came back home. Eventually dragged myself out of the house to work on revisions for TPC, which mostly confirmed that the problems aren’t in the first 150 pages of the book, which was as far as I got. The prologue needs rewriting and a scene needs to be added. Tomorrow I’ll get an earlier start (chasing kittens took a long time!) and hopefully get into the meatier, and more problematic, parts of the book.
Oh, hey, Karen Duvall tagged me for a meme, so I’ll stick that behind the cut tag before going off to nap on the couch. :)
Here are the rules: 1) Link back to the person who tagged you (that would be moi). 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Write six things about yourself. 4) Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blogsites. 5) Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site. 6) And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I have an extremely peculiar set of catch-phrases (as does my entire family). One of them is, “I’m tired as a fish.” Well, c’mon, fish do all that swimming, they must get very tired!
2. My 10th novel is out tomorrow. Holy shit!
3. Joanne Walker and I have two favorite drinks in common. I’ll send a copy of THE QUEEN’S BASTARD to the first person to get both drinks right, as soon as I have any money to send books with. :)
5. I love tortoises and big turtles. I don’t want to own one. I just love seeing them. One of the most awesome bits about Hawaii was snorkeling and watching sea turtles swimming below me.
6. One of my (many) amibitions is to write one of the major X-Men titles. That’s probably not news to many people, but oh well.
I could barely come up with six facts, much less a list of six to link to, so if you want to play, go ahead and pretend I tagged you, but I think I shan’t tag anybody. :)
ytd wordcount: 184,100
miles to Minas Tirith: 319.4