Log in

No account? Create an account
14 February 2008 @ 11:27 am
update on the state of the fingers  

I’d make a cut, but I don’t know how with WordPress. :) Anyway, fingers are lots better this morning, the swelling is down a lot, the bruising has turned from black to somethng much purplier, which you can’t tell from this photo, which makes them look like zombie fingers, I think. :)

I am typing a bit faster today with my 8-finter (well, 7, really, since I never use my left thumb anyway) hunt and peck, but there is no way I am going to work at Nook. That keyboard, presented here, for those of you who haven’t seen it, is not at all friendly to inept typing. So I’ll go write Chance on the Dana today and if I’m terribly good I’ll finish the script. Not counting on that, but it’d be nice.

*trundles off*

(x-posted from the essential kit)
kitmizkit on February 14th, 2008 02:17 pm (UTC)
I am home, and Ted has been being an extra pair of hands when I need them, so I think all is well. And I figured, yeah, that worst case I could go to A&E, but I seem to be healing up just fine. Still, I should meet up with you and learn about how to handle medical stuff in this country...
sammywolsammywol on February 14th, 2008 05:32 pm (UTC)
Our doctors have a practice out in Wilton and one in town on Oliver Plunkett Street. The current junior partner and so the lucky guy who gets to spend most of his time in the city office is Dr Ken Harte. They are only open in the mornings in town but run over lunch. Their number is 4275400. I always ask for Dr Harte because the other two are very competent but less patient focussed than he is. He is in town Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If that was my hand I'd be going to see someone.

Out of hours the service to call is Southdoc (a co-op cover service) although it is hard for you to get to either of their clinics without a car they do do call outs for emergencies and it is handier than schlepping out to A&E.

Usual cost for a GP consult here is fifty euro but you can claim some of that money back each year from your tax and some from your insurance if you have it but only annually (cheapskates!).