(chamois_shimi's friend) L read a book the other day where the protagonist said she had "the emotional intelligence of a turnip."
chamois_shimi says "That sounds ... /almost/ familiar!"
L says "Read it, maybe? Main character's a mechanic."
L says "_Coyote Dreams_ or something like that. The third in a series, present-day."
chamois_shimi "OK yes, I've read that. *wipes eyes* Ahem. Sorry."
*amused* :) (And points to anybody who knows who I stole the emotional maturity of a turnip from.)
Very long meme gakked from desperence
1. What is the soundtrack for this LJ?
Traffic, right now, and in general either whatever's playing in my head or Ted playing video games.
2. What's bothering you right now?
Actually, despite being neck-deep in things to do and, you know, running short of money because we just moved and that's always an expensive proposition, and the house being not entirely tidy (although it's a hell of a lot better than it was before Ted attacked it)...not a damned thing.
3. Do you close the door when you are sleeping?
This bedroom door doesn't actually close, it turns out.
4. What is in your wallet?
I don't have a wallet.
5. Wallpaper on your computer's desktop?
A photo of catriona.
6. Background on your cell phone?
Default thingy. I don't know how to change it.
7. Next time you will kiss someone?
Probably tonight. :)
8. Where was your default picture taken?
Um, it wasn't, it's a little cartoon.
Not a plumb line, but cool.
12. Doing this weekend?
Working, I expect.
Sweats and a t-shirt.
14. Who was the last person to send you a text message?
15. If you could have one thing right now what would it be?
I gotta go with desperance's answer on this one: a vast amount of money. Failing that, a Tardis. Actually, nevermind the money, just give me the Tardis and a Doctor to steer her by.
16. Listening to?
Nothing, except the song in my head.
17. Ever kissed someone named John?
I don't *think* so. Except probably my cousin.
18. What do you smell like?
20. Favorite thing on your bed:
That would be a cat.
21. Do you believe in a soul mate?
22. What do you wear to bed?
Depends on the temperature. Usually a t-shirt.
23. Do you remember your dreams?
24. Do you burn easily in the sun?
Yes. I am a crispy critter.
25. Have you ever been gambling?
Nope. Not interested.
26. What's something you wish you could understand better?
...I wouldn't even know where to start. :)
27. What did you do last weekend?
Ran around like a mad thing!
28. Who do you miss?
Jeez. Most of my flist, really, as they live all over the world.
29. Who is the last girl you hugged?
30. Orange or apple juice?
Orange, usually. I overdosed on apple juice at age 12 and never really liked it since.
31. Who was the last person you went somewhere with?
32. What was the last text message you sent?
Plans to join madmiss for bowling next week.
33. Have you kissed anyone on your friendslist?
34. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
I'm reasonably certain I *have* eaten homegrown tomatoes...
36. What was the last thing you drank?
37. Whose house did you go to last night?
38. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
Hm. I know the answer, but it doesn't seem like it's anybody's business.
39. Do you like someone right now?
I like *lots* of people!
40. What do you wear more, slacks, jeans, or sweatpants?
41. What is the last movie you watched? With who?
Harry Potter V, with Ted and Emily.
42. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Water and milk, and honestly, I don't have another *regular* drink. Sprite and orange juice occasionally.
43. What are you excited about?
Oh, everything. I'm in a good mood.
44. Do you want someone you can't have?
45. Who was last to slap your butt?
...people do not slap my butt. And that's not an invitation to try.
46. Where was the last place you went?
Marks & Spencer, which isn't very exciting. :)
47. What's on your mind right now?
Going back to work. Nothing real important.
48. Have you cried recently?
Aw, jeez, I'm turning into such a sap that 'Family of Blood' got me a lil' bit teary. Although probably not at the part you'd expect.
49. When you think of your crush, who is it?
Right now I'd gotta say The Doctor. :)
50. Is taking a shower a daily habit?
It is. I can't think unless I've showered.