The tally so far:
- 1 semi-functional cooker (have to hand-light both stovetop and oven. hah.)
- 1 non-functional power shower (no hot water)
- 1 microwave with alarming exposed wires
- 4 single beds and no double bed
- 1 cat who discovered the fireplace and became Amazingly Dirty
We're to buy our own microwave and bring the receipt to the estate agents to have it taken off the price of next month's rent. I suggested we do the same thing with the cooker. The agent thought that'd be absolutely swell (much less trouble on his part), and was going to check with the landlady. They're arranging a skip for the beds, which are all pretty awful, and are supposed to be bringing a double bed in for us. We're planning on buying a couple futons to replace them so we have space for guests.
Lucy is the dirtiest kitty I've ever seen. Even after Ted and I joined forces to wash her (necessary, when you're trying to wash a cat in a sink), and the water turned black with soot, she is still a quite dirty kitty. But I didn't have a camera handy and I hope it won't be repeated, so you don't get to see how dirty she was. :)
Ok, it's stopped raining, I'm gone!