- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
The only one of those I'm going to actually enforce is the first one, but if people want to consider themselves tagged and leave a comment, I'll go read random facts about them. :)
1. I learned the Christ story from Jesus Christ Superstar. I remember very clearly being less than six years old and having the record on and going around singing, "Jesus must Jesus must Jesus must diiiiiiiiiiiiie," at the top of my lungs, and my grandfather giving me the most astonishing look. I imagined, even at the time, that he thought it was--well, sacreligious was beyond my vocabulary at the time, but that was definitely the gist of my thoughts. Still, I think I was in my teens before I fully comprehended that most people do not learn the Christ story from JCS.
2. Inspired by jpsorrow's litany of injuries, I shall announce that I've never broken any bones. I would like to keep it that way.
3. ursulav believes I own more of her original artwork than anyone except her mother. I'm not actually sure that's true (although at last count I owned 2 original paintings, five or so sketches, and...hm. I don't think I've got any prints, actually, except the several I now have on order), but I'd be willing to bet that between my own purchases and arranging for/donating money toward gifts for friends and family, I have indeed bought more of her work than any other single person.
4. Having taken solitaire off my work computer, I now find myself coming to the other computer to get my 3 game fix before I start writing. However, unlike with the work computer, I stop playing after 3 games and go to the other computer to work.
5. When I was a teen, I could make a bag of M&Ms last for hours. I'd eat them one at a time, letting them dissolve in my mouth as I read a book. My sister used to get very mad at me because my candy would last longer than hers. In fact, she used to get mad at me because I didn't eat ice cream as fast as she did, either, so she'd gobble all hers up and I'd still be enjoying mine, and she didn't think that was fair. :)
6. I had all my wisdom teeth out at once, not because they were all impacting, but because one was and I told the dentist I might as well just get them all yanked. He clearly thought I was nuts, and was totally astonished when he called 48 hours later to check up on me and my only complaint was I was already tired of eating soup.
7. I accidentally described Joanne Walker to look startlingly like someone I went to high school with. The girl in question grew up to be a supermodel. (Really.)
8. Technically, I'm tongue-tied. The little whicherfligger that holds the tongue to the bottom of the mouth is, in my mouth, very very short. I shouldn't be able to talk. Anyone who knows me should find that pretty funny. :) (A doctor told my mother this when I was about two, and had been chattering at him incessantly the whole time I'd been there. It was pretty clearly academic at that point. :))